Notifications
Clear all

Nascar 2020  

RSS
Stagger Lee
(@stagger-lee)

Looks like Nascar is leading the way for sports to get back going. I think these races without qualifying or practice are going to be fun to watch.Might be a lot of wrecks at Darlington,a track with little or no grip.  

Posted : 15/05/2020 8:21 pm
Bill Wyatt
(@bwyatt)

My thinking exactly. Getting a jump for deprived sports junkies is a good move. Being able to watch on TV or streaming is fine by me, but it won't help places like Martinsville who depend on that influx of fans a couple of times a year. That's a dent the community won't be able to make up. 

"It's a Happy Enchilada"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2020 9:42 am
uvafan
(@uvafan)

@bwyatt  NASCAR Cup Series will be at Martinsville Speedway Wednesday night June 10th. No fans allowed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2020 2:15 pm
Bill Wyatt
(@bwyatt)
Posted by: @uvafan

@bwyatt  NASCAR Cup Series will be at Martinsville Speedway Wednesday night June 10th. No fans allowed

Well, I just learned something cool. Because your post started with @bwyatt the forum sent me an email and said I had mentioned on the forum. 

Anyway, @uvafan is pointing out what will be an odd event I would think. A cup race at night at Martinsville with no fans. How weird is that?

"It's a Happy Enchilada"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2020 4:16 pm
Stagger Lee
(@stagger-lee)

well at least we didnt' lose a race like richmond..does this mean the 2nd to last race of the season is still martinsville as well?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2020 11:23 am
uvafan
(@uvafan)

The Richmond Spring race was cancelled. I think NASCAR is evaluating their schedule on a monthly basis now. After Charlotte they are going to Bristol, Atlanta, Martinsville, Homestead-Miami and Talladega in the month of June. No decision on the schedule past month. Think it depends on which states will allow them to race.Races in Michigan, Pocono, Watkins Glen, New Hampshire I think are in question due to Covid virus and high number of cases in those parts of the country. Chicago and Sonoma have been cancelled for this season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2020 3:27 pm
Bill Wyatt
(@bwyatt)

We carry the truck races and xfinity series on radio and schedule has been set through June. That’s it.

"It's a Happy Enchilada"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2020 5:17 pm
uvafan
(@uvafan)

NASCAR Xfinity race from Darlington is on Fox Sports 1 starting at 6:00pm tonight

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2020 5:07 pm
Bill Wyatt
(@bwyatt)

Yep. Who’s carrying the cup race tomorrow?

"It's a Happy Enchilada"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2020 6:14 pm
uvafan
(@uvafan)

Fox Sports 1 is carrying the Cup Race Wednesday night starting at 6:00pm  Tonight's Xfinity race was rained out. Now scheduled for noon on Thursday also on Fox Sports 1. Rain is in the forecast for Wednesday as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2020 8:10 pm
Bill Wyatt
(@bwyatt)

Yeah, with the forecast like it is, I don't see the Xfinity race happening tomorrow either. 

"It's a Happy Enchilada"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2020 6:30 pm
Stagger Lee
(@stagger-lee)
Posted by: @bwyatt

Yeah, with the forecast like it is, I don't see the Xfinity race happening tomorrow either. 

Amazing they finally got it in and what a finish! The story about Briscoe and his wife losing their baby just made that even better that he won.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2020 11:52 am
Share: